The thermoplastic injection or Injection Molding steps come together far beyond creating buttons and combs. For years, technology has taken a notable role in injection molding and vice versa.
We utilize our injection molding service in producing some of the most significant equipment. Medical, consumer electronics, automotive, aerospace, and defense industries are some places where we have manufactured quality plastic parts.
In addition to plastic injection molding, ARRK also offers a die casting service for manufacturing high-quality metal parts.
- Short Run Prototype Molding
- Low Volume and High Volume Production
- All Certified Materials
WORKING WITH INJECTION MOLDING
This technique has evolved so that it’s used to create quality products in extensive series.
The biggest differentiator between other product creation services is the upfront costs and the time. The main reason for the price is due to the creation of the steel mold.
The molds are made of hardened steel or aluminum, making them highly resistant to heat and durable. As a result, they can withstand repetitive use over multiple production runs with heavy high-volume runs without problems or changes in the final product.
The time it takes to have the mold ready it’s because it needs to make sure it can withstand the heat and pressure involved in the process and comply with consistent quality standards. This investment in time provides a long-term solution to reducing the cost per part.
Having a team that can detect any data error or specifications that could not work well with the provided information is one of the most critical points in creating your product. Time is the biggest asset, and not getting caught up in errors that could have been avoided in the pre-production stages is essential:
- Product design: the stage in which we receive the data and talk about the project to match what is needed to the capabilities of the injection molding process.
- Mold design: doing the mold for long-standing product creation, capable of creating the product just as needed.
- Manufacturing mold: putting it all together to start creating the product, from testing to final product creation.
PRODUCTION MADE BY AN INJECTION MOLDING MACHINE
The primary function of an injection molding machine is to inject a softened material into a mold to create an impression from it. There are ramifications for types of materials, functionality, and procedures for different needs of production.
The 5 injection molding process steps:
- Mold set and ready to take heated materials
- Injection of heated materials
- Cooldown of piece
- Plasticizing resin and getting ready for the next injection
- Ejection of piece
After the piece has been ejected, the excess material of parts of the produced piece (called the runner) will be removed, taken into packaging, or placed to add additional customization.