Providing an integrative optical analysis is crucial for any lighting system design. Creating a lighting design or an illumination system includes a wide range of activities required for a successful outcome. Considerations such as spatial dimensions, focal length, type of lenses used, light sources, among other things, need to be determined at the early design phase.
ARRK uses the latest lighting technology, Ansys SPEOS, to predict the illumination and performance of optical lighting systems to save on prototyping time and costs while improving your product’s efficiency. ARRK combines advanced optical analysis with extensive, dedicated libraries and optimization capabilities to design and enhance your optical system quickly and easily. In addition, evaluating actual light illumination early in the development cycle is critical for rapidly meeting market demands.
HOW ARRK APPROACHES OPTICAL SIMULATION
- Study design to understand characteristics of the light produced
- Analysis with high reliability
- Confirmation of design with accurate milling technology quickly
SIMULATION WITH HIGHLY ACCURATE LIGHT MODELING SOFTWARE
Advanced software analysis provides the ability to judge illumination, luminance, and intensity recommendations before physical models and prototype testing. In addition, ARRK can digitally analyze light output, sensor vision, and even human vision with our tools. Our optical engineers fine-tune critical factors such as propagation, reflection, visibility, and legibility while also identifying problems such as glare and hot spots.
With simulation matching real-world environments using the light amount and wavelength, we can accurately analyze reflective properties plus reproduce and quantify luminance distribution. Furthermore, our optical analysis is integrated with CAD to optimize features for mass production upfront for a more efficient development process.
ESSENTIAL POINTS IN OPTICAL ANALYSIS AND DESIGN
- In optical design, concepts are important after understanding the characteristics of light. Multiple hypotheses based on our experience can be digitally evaluated.
- High reliability of analysis: SPEOS – Light Tool is used to select accurate material cards (refractive index, transmittance, color, gloss). We also conduct comparative verification for learning analysis software.
- Accurate milling technology: With our high-precision 5-axis processing machine and temperature control, high precision is possible by swinging the axis. An exact prototype reproduction of the analysis result is possible with no discrepancy from the data
HAVING THE PROPER TEAM FOR YOUR PROJECT
Having the latest lighting technology is not enough; having the people that can best apply their knowledge is crucial. You can count on ARRK when creating automotive exterior lightning, automotive interior lighting, backlighting, general lighting, heads-up displays, and robotic lights. ARRK has the experience and professionalism to work with you to improve your design and production schedule.
Learn more about how ARRK works with optical analysis, lighting simulation, and design engineering by downloading our special presentation.